Sunday, August 23, 2009

full moon??

ALAS THE 40 HOUR FAMINE IS OFFICIALLY OVER!!!! and what did you experience out of it you might ask... well lets just say in 40 hours, i have became a 60 year old woman. I have the most painfulest back ache ive ever experienced in my entire life. literally if i had a choice, i would probably just lie on my bed forever and never get up... but i had to cause today was quite fulfilling.


had to suffer sleeping on that for 40 hours (looks comfy BUT ITS NOT!!)today my parents decided to go temple since we havent gone for months (last time was since chinese new year) and my dad said something about it being the 1st of august (chinese calendar)and full moon and eating vegetarian food only today (aka thang 7 rum phai an do chai) We first started our journey to the temple located at tottenham (chua quan duc) which was closed due to under construction not to mention it was extremely deserted (probably the monks abandoned the place and moved across the street from my house)

We headed onto our next destination which is the temple right next to braybrook college (chua quang minh). we went in only to find that inside the temple (but the temple grounds were extremely crowded) was pretty much deserted also and noone was praying but they wee waiting for something to start so my family decided to eat first. since we were in the temple the only food that was on the menu was vegetarian food. what we had was chui nuong(grilled banana wrappd in broken rice), banh bo(vietnamese stream cake) and bun rieu(some asian noodle soup that has meat). now youre probably thinking "ITS SUPPOSE TO VEGETARIAN DUDE!!", well it was and it was pretty good since the soup was made of probably pure msg and tofu. XD

afterwards i went over to my friends house to study chemistry cause i am currently dying in it (i have a failed teacher) and it was good but then we both ended up bludging for like a good hour and then got back to work. i was also craving for some seafood and some dumplings but MUST RESIST THE MEAT FOR 24 HOURS TO PURIFY THE SOUL so i pretty much starved myself till i got home. my dad picked me up at like 7:30 and this is the convo i had between me and my dad in the car on the way home(translation to english):
me: dad whats for dinner?
dad: fried pork ribs
me: fried pork ribs?
dad: yup
me: so there isnt any vegetarian food at home?
dad: nope
me: how come?
dad: mum didnt want to cook any
complete silence for 1 minute
me: so theres fried pork ribs at home??
dad: yep
me: HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO EAT VEGETARIAN WHEN THERES NO FOOD?!?!
dad: starve to death
me: =.='' so theres just fried pork ribs??
dad: yup
me: any soup?
dad: just pork and egg stew with bamboo to go with it if you call that soup ( thit kho w/ mang)
me: dad isnt it suppose to be vegetarian today since its the 1st of august and its a fullmoon (in my mind THE MOON IS A FREAKEN CRESENT)
dad: no it isnt *starts to smile*
me: OMG DAD ARE YOU TELLING ME I RESISTED MEAT FOR THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAY!!!?!?!
dad: yup
me: OMG HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?!?!?
dad: think of this as dieting and it saves me lots of money not feeding you meat
me: youre an evil person dad. EVIL!!!!!!
dad: *just drives and continues to smile*

i have a very cynical father. anyway as soon as i got home i at 1 bowl of rice with pork ribs and pork and egg stew with bamboo and ate 2 packets of mi goreng with prawns and crab meat ( was a stupid idea eating 2 packets cause now im extremely bloated). well i better end it here and start my bio notes or my bio teacher is gonna chop my ass
nite nite
frm doodie

3 comments:

  1. hes sooo mean man. made me eat vegetarian food for no good purpose XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! then u went overload on meat haha

    ReplyDelete